Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Our Weekend!

Our weekend was pretty busy--at least on Friday and Sunday. We would have been busy Saturday, too, but it rained off and on all day. We had things we wanted to accomplish to get our house ready for construction, but the rain put a damper on that. Anyway...

On Friday the girls and I went on a field trip with some families from our home school group. We got to tour the Naturals ball park. Arkansas has their very own semi-pro baseball team now!! This is the first year for them. Andy is the only one who has been to a game. Simmons has a suite. I'm hoping he can get tickets for a game in July. I'm not a huge baseball fan, but I'd like to go at least once. The tour guide made it sound like they do quite a bit to involve the crowd.

Sunday afternoon I took Naomi and Melanie swimming at Coye and Marnie's. The water was pretty cold so Melanie didn't care to stay in too long. Otherwise she enjoys it. Sunday evening we joined my mom, Stephanie, Courtney, and Garrett for a piano concert. A friend of my mom's was playing in it. There were eight pianos being played at the same time. They called it a piano kaleidescope. After each song they would switch pianos. There were 3 keyboards, 3 grand pianos, and 2 upright pianos. My girls were antsy, but I really enjoyed it!! Then mom treated us out to ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery--yes I had Apple Pie a La Cold Stone!! It was YUMMY!!! Finally we went to the baptist church at Pinnacle Hills for their Fourth of July celebration. We were able to sit by the play set and let the kids play until the fireworks started. The playset cleared out quite a bit when the fireworks started so we let our kids continue to play during the fireworks. Some of the church members passed out glo sticks for the kids. The fireworks were GREAT! It was a great way to begin this years Fourth of July. Gentry has their Independence Day celebration on July 4th.


Courtney on the climbing wall. Sorry, Garret, my picture of you turned out really blurry.
I'm still trying to figure out some of the settings on my digital camera. I think this is the auto setting with the flash turned off. I have a twilight and twilight portrait setting, but those didnt' turn out as well.

No comments: