Thursday, July 17, 2008

New Inspiration!!

I guess you could say the fire under my rear-end has been stoked once again. :) I'm sure you've realized that the weight loss ticker on this blog has not moved in a few weeks. No, I haven't forgotten about it. I just haven't lost anymore weight. In fact, I've gained a few, and was even considering dropping out of Weight Watchers. For whatever reason I lost all manner of will power, self-control, and just plain "want to." I could come up with a myriad of excuses, but none of them would really be that good. :)

Yesterday I received a call that lit the fire once again. I went to the doctor's office last Thursday to have my left ankle checked out. It has been painful since April. I'm not sure what I did to it. I have a pretty high tolerance for pain so I've just put up with it for a while. A couple of weeks ago the pain got worse so I decided to have it checked out. The x-rays came back fine. They also did blood work. The call I received was about those results. The nurse is the one who called so she didn't tell me anything about my ankle, but did inform me about my cholesterol. Evidently it is high! Again, she didn't give me any details, but stressed the importance of a low fat diet and exercise. Her tone seemed urgent to me while she was talking to me. I go back tomorrow (7/18) morning so they can discuss the outcome of the results regarding my ankle, and so they can run some more tests--UGH! Then I'll have to go back in three months to have my cholesterol checked again!!

This is not the first time that my cholesterol levels have been high. When Andy and I applied for life insurance policies blood had to be drawn, and my cholesterol was high, then. Now that was before I had any children. Andy is wondering why my levels are high because he and I eat the same things, but he has NEVER had high cholesterol. With his dad's history that is AMAZING and a HUGE blessing from God. I don't have any answers regarding that. I should have more answers tomorrow after my appointment.

So for now I'm being EXTREMELY careful of what I eat. I'll probably do a walking video this morning, too. :) I went to a produce stand yesterday and picked up some home grown fruits and veggies--YUM! I'm also going to try a couple of Emily's "can't live without" food items to help get me through cravings. I'll let ya'll know more after tomorrow's appointment.

No comments: