Saturday, January 24, 2009

Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired!!!!

It all started before Christmas break. The girls came down with stomach viruses which of course got passed on to me, and then onto my parents in time for Christmas since we were staying with them at the time. We finally got through that, but recently the girls had strep throat. Last week Naomi was diagnosed with strep, an ear infection, and pneumonia in her right lung. The nurses and I had to hold her down for a shot in her rear, and then she received antibiotics for the ear infection. Anne was diagnosed a couple of days later with strep, and had the priviledge of taking some "nasty" medicine. Just this week Anne was crying of an ear ache. When Andy took her to the clinic the ear infection was so severe that they let him look at it. He described it as looking burnt with white blisters on it. So now Anne is on an antibiotic for that, but I guess it's not as "nasty." Melanie has been coughing off and on. She was diagnosed before Thanksgiving with RSV so we figure the coughing is a continuation of that. Otherwise she's her jolly self. Now I've got a head cold, and hopefully that's as far as it goes.

All that to say, "I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired!!!" I'm praying we all have immune systems of steel after this school year!!!!

No comments: