Saturday, January 3, 2009

Installing Recessed Lighting in a 16-18 ft. ceiling!

I'll also post some house updates with the overdue Christmas stuff. In these pictures I'm trying to give you an idea of what Andy had to do in order to install the recessed lighting in the living room. The ceiling in the living room slopes with the roof. Where the roof meets the south wall is 8 ft. The tallest part of the ceiling is 18 ft!!! Andy borrowed ladders and aluminum planks from the siding guys to install and wire the recessed lighing in the living room. Now I'm deathly afraid of heights. Andy needed me to help hand him things. I have to tell you that I was so nervous for him that I was sick to my stomach. It was all I could do to keep from passing out or throwing up while "helping" him. I was so glad when it was all over. Only now he'll need to get back up there to install styrofoam venting stuff for the roof before the insulation guys come--Ugh!

The first picture of Andy's "scaffolding." I took the picture from where the kitchen begins looking south into the living room.

The second picture is of Andy installing recessed lighting in the 18 ft. part of the ceiling. It is also the flattest part of the ceiling. I'm standing on the 1st floor living room.




The third picture is of Andy on the "scaffolding." He did admit that even he was nervous. I'm taking the picture from the loft over the kitchen.
The last picture is another attempt to show you how high off the floor he was. I'm taking the picture from the top of the stairs. You really had to be there. I'm so glad he has that done!!!! Hopefully installing the styrofoam roof venting won't be as scary of an undertaking. I don't know that I could stand it again! :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: