Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Day After Christmas in Wichita, KS!

The day after Christmas I took the girls and went to Wichita, KS, to see Andy's mom, Nancy. It's about a four hour trip from here. Some family members were surprised that I made the trip with the girls by myself, but I wanted to get the heck out of Dodge!!! We didn't leave till Friday afternoon, and we arrived in Wichita around dinner time.

Unfortunately, I managed to drop my keys in the van while getting Melanie, her diaper bag, and my purse out. Of course I then locked the van not realizing I no longer had the keys in my possession. I didn't realize my mistake until we had all gotten in the house, opened Christmas gifts from Nana (Nancy), and visited for a short period of time. I was finally contemplating getting the rest of our stuff out of the van when my heart sunk realizing that I probably locked the keys in the van. We searched everywhere first, but reached the sad conclusion. I called the Honda dealership, but their service dept. had already gone home. They referred me to a locksmith, but they wanted $65 at least to help me out--No Thanks!! So we made due. Thankfully the girls had received PJs from Nana so that problem was solved easily. The next morning Nancy took me to the Honda place and they made me a "dummy" key for $5. It would only unlock the doors, but it was better than spending $65 and taking the chance of the locksmith breaking my locks in the process. I was ecstatic when the key worked!! And there were my keys; on the seat next to Melanie's carseat. I felt like a dummy! :)

We ended up having a great weekend with Nancy. Andy's sister Jennifer and her family were there until late Saturday afternoon. She and her husband have 3 girls, too. Nana took the grandgirls to the aquarium in Wichita that afternoon and then to McDonalds. They had a great time. We went to church Sunday morning, and then left after eating lunch at Village Inn. I thought about staying another day or two, but decided to go home. I didn't feel like doing laundry since I didn't really have extra clothes for the extra days. :)

This is Jimmy, Jennifer's husband. Melanie fell asleep on him Friday evening when Nancy took me to Wal-Mart to exchange a couple of things to get the right sizes. It was so cute I had to get a picture.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: