Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Ice Storm '09



I realize, as usual, this is a late post. I thought I would show a little (and I do mean little) glimpse of the effect of the ice and snow in our area a couple of weeks ago. There was a lot of major damage in our area, but thankfully not specifically to us. We had more ice than snow, and it wreaked a lot of havoc. We were out of school Tuesday through Friday that week!! We are extremely thankful that no damage was done to our house. We were without power for two days, but we stayed at my parents' house. They never lost power. Some places in the rural areas are just now getting power once again.

My brother, Justin, works as a lineman for one of the electric companies in the area. They were working like crazy to get everyone up and running again.

I was not an English major in college so my description will never do the results of the storm justice. There are piles of broken limbs everywhere you go in our area. We went to Springdale/Fayetteville this past Saturday, and it was just amazing to see how much more tree damage they incurred.

I'm very thankful for God's protection.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: