Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!

Yes, I realize it's the day after, but it was quite busy around here this Mother's Day weekend. It started Thursday evening with Andy taking me out to eat and to a movie. A new Texas Land and Cattle restaurant opened at the Promenade mall so we tried it out. It was pretty good. Then we watched "Drillbit Taylor" afterwards. Our babysitter made it through the night with the three girls. The only challenge was when Melanie just started screaming around 8:30pm. Our sitter called me afraid that she had done something wrong, but I assured her otherwise. Mel is such a mommy's girl. She was sleepy and wanting me. Melanie did fall asleep shortly after the phone call and stayed asleep until we returned home. Lucky for the sitter. :)

Friday was a fairly normal day. Melanie had her six month check up. She now weighs in at 18 lbs. 10 oz. and is 28 inches long!! A healthy girl indeed. She has two bottom front teeth in as well. Ahhh, the joys of teething. :) Next, we met Andy at La Hacienda for lunch. Then he decided to take Anne with him for the afternoon while Naomi, Melanie, and I went grocery shopping. It was nice to shop with just two instead of three tagging along. :)

We took the girls and our niece, Aspen, to the Shriner's Circus on Saturday. Coye, Aspen's dad, was given free tickets and passed them along to us. We went to the afternoon show and the girls absolutely loved it!!! Melanie got fussy because of the noise so I and Andy took turns sitting with her elsewhere so that the noise was minimal. Then we had dinner at NWA's famous AQ Chicken House. It was there we decided to go to the drive-in movie theatre. Little did we know about the storm that was brewing outside. We no sooner got back in the van when the skies opened up and poured rain, hail, and gusty winds. Thankfully we didn't see any tornadoes, and it really cleared up nicely. We went to Sam's club to get a couple of lawnchairs and other things before going to the drive-in. We still had quite a bit of time to kill so we headed to Shake's Frozen Custard for dessert--a favorite of mine and Andy's. :) Shortly after arriving at the drive-in I guess Anne's stomach had more than it could handle because she threw up IN THE VAN!!!! We thought the evening was over for us, and we would have to head home. Thankfully the people who ran the theatre were very nice. They gave me a brand new role of paper towels, trashbag, and cleaner to clean up Anne's mess. Needless to say, Anne felt better after that ordeal. :) We stayed to watch both movies, "Fool's Gold" and "Bucket List." Both were very good. By the time we were all home and in bed it was about 2am!

Sunday, Mother's Day, we attended church. Then my family came to our house for grilled hot dogs, hamburgers, and homemade strawberry pies!! After lunch Mom, Stephanie, Courtney, and I went to Sam's and Wal-Mart to look at landscaping items/ideas. Sunday was a much calmer day then the previous ones. :) The day ended on a relaxing note which is always good.

Now today we begin the last week of the girls' homeschool!! Yeah! This first year of homeschooling has had it's ups and downs as most first years do. Will we continue? Yes! I'm looking forward to making next year a better year. Will I continue to use the Sonlight curriculum? Right now I'm still planning to mainly because of it's strong literature content, but I am researching some other options. Once we're done with this current year I plan to dive into researching other curriculum possibilities. The only other option that I'm still playing with is putting the girls in a private Christian school. I have really missed teaching, and the school that I'm looking into is a really good one. Of course the only way we can afford it is if I work there. So, I'm praying about it, and will possibly call them about a couple of the positions they have available. I have a peace about it because the girls would still get the Christian education we desire for them to have, and I could continue to fulfill a ministry of teaching students. If I don't get hired, then we will continue to home school the girls. They will still get the Christian education, and I'm still teaching students. :) It's a win/win no matter which way it goes. :) I like those kinds of odds. :)

Sorry there aren't any pictures. My camera is currently MIA. I have no idea where it is, which is really frustrating!! I've got to find it over the next four days, though, because we are going on a family retreat with other families in our church this next weekend! Hopefully it will turn up soon!

Happy Mother's Day to all!

No comments: