Thursday, May 29, 2008

A Snack for the Summertime!

I thought I would share a really good snack idea. It's healthy with the exception of the M&Ms. :) There are a lot of people out there who can put together various ingredients and get a tremendous snack or meal in return. I am always in fear that if I do that then I will end up with GUNK! Gunk is what you end up with on Webkinz if your ingredients don't mix well. Anyway...I found this in "Taste of Home" June/July 08. It makes a GINORMOUS batch. Since I don't have a bowl that big I halved it instead. It still took the largest bowl I had. I do realize the temptation for some children to just eat the M&Ms and leave the rest. So, tailor it to your needs, likes/dislikes, etc. I'm sitting here eating a small serving myself. :)

ENJOY!

Motoring Munchies
1 pkg. (18 oz.) granola without raisins
1 can (17 oz.) mixed nuts
1 pkg. (15 oz.) raisins
1 pkg. (14 oz.) milk chocolate M&Ms
1 pkg. (14 oz.) peanut M&Ms
1 pkg. (12.25 oz.) Honey-Nut Cheerios
1 pkg. (8.9 oz.) Cheerios

In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in a covered container or large resealable plastic bags. Yields: 4 1/2 quarts

**If anyone reading this has another great snack idea, please feel free to comment. I can use all the ideas I can get!!

No comments: