Thursday, December 20, 2007

Randon Christmas Hoopla!

Tagged once again. Thanks Emily! :)
Here are the rules.
1. List 12 random things about yourself that have to do with Christmas.
2. Please refer to it as a 'hoopla'.
3. You have to specifically tag people when you're done.

1. For the last few years I have been a last minute shopper. This year I'm pretty much done with shopping, but I have been caught out Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve before.
2. I love any Christmas music!! This year with all the confusion of our house remodeling I thought my CDs were in storage. Andy, my wonderful husband, got my CDs out of storage for me. Only when I opened the cases they were empty. I had organized them with our other CDs in Case Logic notebooks which have been in our house all along!
3. My all time favorite Christmas movie is "White Christmas" with Bing Crosby. I have to watch it at least once each year, and belt out every tune and line I know. :)
4. Melanie, our newest princess, made her debut as Baby Jesus in our church's Christmas cantata this year. She absolutely stole the show!!
5. While we don't put Christmas lights on our house I really enjoy looking at other people's light creations on their houses. I could just drive around all night looking at them.
6. I'm usually anal about the ornaments being spaced just so on the tree, but not this year. I let Anne and Naomi put the ornaments on, and I haven't rearranged any of them.
7. I don't remember ever making/decorating a gingerbread house when I was little, but last year I started the tradition. I made "gingerbread" houses out of graham crackers and royal icing for my girls and nieces and nephews to decorate. I enjoyed watching them decorate them so much I decided to keep the tradition going. It also gives them something else fun to do on Christmas day.
8. Speaking of starting traditions...last year I made kolaches, a sweet roll with cherry pie filling in the middle. I have a fond childhood memory of my mom making them around the holidays. I found a recipe last year, made them, and the second batch turned out just like I remembered. They are time consuming so I'm not sure that I'll get them made this year with a new baby in the house. But it is a tradition that I would like to keep going--maybe next year. :)
9. The Christmas holidays with family has been fairly easy on Andy and I. We spend Christmas Eve night with his side of the family, and Christmas day with mine. Thankfully we aren't trying to go to two places in the same day.
10. I collect the New England Village pieces. Andy usually gets me one each year. They are prominently placed on top of the piano I inherited from my Grandma Dick.
11. My mom and I enjoyed taking the girls to Silver Dollar City in Branson, MO this year for their Christmas season. The last time I had been there was when Anne was six months old! We had so much fun watching the girls take it all in.
12 In response to Emily's #12...You have to try eggnog!! I hadn't tried it till I married Andy because he likes it. We buy the kind from the store. I don't think I could handle drinking a recipe with actual eggs in it!

Now I'm tagging the only other blogger I know...
1. Rebecca Edwards

No comments: