Monday, January 28, 2008

Hey Emily! You Got Any More Calgon!!!

Okay, here's my Calgon story. The flu has hit our family this year. Andy first came down with it Thursday night starting with a fever. Friday morning he felt terrible, but went to work for 1/2 a day because of a scheduled conference call he couldn't reschedule easily. He came home that afternoon sick, sick, sick. He tried everything over the counter to no avail. Of course with it being the weekend the clinic wasn't open.

Then Naomi came down with a fever of about 101 Sunday morning. So, she was given Tylenol. Much to her chagrin Anne, Melanie, and I headed off to church leaving the sick ones at home. Neither Andy or Noami had much of an appetite.

Now today is Monday. Andy is still as sick as a dog, and Naomi's fever is 102. So, a call was made to the clinic ASAP, but couldn't get them in until 4pm. Finally, 3:30 arrived--time to leave for appts. and gymnastics. First drop off Andy and Naomi at the clinic. Then head over to gymnastics for Anne's class. Fed Melanie a bottle after Anne's class started. At about 4:20 I got a call from Andy letting me know they were done and needed to be picked up. So, off to pick them up. Next to Wal-Mart to drop off prescriptions. Then back to gymnastics to pick up Anne. Then took everyone home. Then back to Siloam for a weight loss class that I have joined. Only now I have Melanie with me because Andy can't take care of her. If Melanie gets sick our only option is the emergency room! Thankfully, mom is also taking the same class at 5pm, and I take the class at 6pm. So, I called mom to see if she could take care of Melanie for me during my class. Thankfully she could!! I only stayed to weigh in and measure body fat. After that I was off to Wal-Mart to pick up prescriptions. Then to Subway for dinner for Anne and I--I was not cooking after all of this! Finally home!!! Unfortunately now Naomi is throwing up!! CALGON TAKE ME AWAY!!!

But hey! At my weigh in I lost three pounds this past week!! Woohoo!

If anyone else has a good Calgon story make sure to click on the "comments" at the end of this post and let me know about it. I'd love to hear it!

No comments: