Sunday, October 28, 2007

Welcome, Melanie Kate, Princess #3!!!!

I was scheduled to be induced on Friday morning. Since Anne and Naomi were both 9 lbs. when they were born I didn't want to take the chance of delivering a baby bigger than that. :) The hospital called me the day before to let me know the OB ward was full!! So, we had to wait for the hospital to call when a room was available. They finally called us Friday night around 8:30pm. Off to the hospital we go. They started my epidural, but when the Dr. checked me he wasn't so sure that Melanie was head down. When they did an ultrasound to be sure we found out that she was breach. My options were to go home and see if she would turn in a couple of days, try to turn her at the hospital, or a C-section. We were not expecting to have to make this decision, but after much diliberation we decided to do the C-section. I was already full term so going home wasn't an option to me. :) Melanie Kate made her debut at 12:38am, October 27, 2007. She weighed 9lbs. 2 oz., and her length was 21 inches long!

Mom and Melanie are both doing great!! My recovery has been going really well.
Our new family of five! Anne and Naomi were excited about their new sister, but they were also concerned about their mommy. They weren't so sure about the IV I was attached to. Plus, they've never been in a hospital room.
Here is Melanie in her daddy's hands. This is one of my favorite pictures so far! :)
I'm sure there will be more pictures to come. Stay tuned! :)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, congratulations... I've been anxiously checking your blog the last couple of days:) Thank You, Lord, for Lori and Melanie's safety... we can't wait to meet Melanie and see the rest of the Boyds again soon!

Love,

The Edwards

Mama E said...

Welcome Baby Melanie!!

She's absolutely perfect!!!! I'm so glad everyone is doing well!

Get some rest! :)