Thursday, July 14, 2011

Ramblings...nothing more. :)

There are always about a million things going on in my head at once.  I know most women can relate.  I wish that, like Dumbledore in the Harry Potter series, I could just use a magic want, point it to my temple, withdraw the thoughts and then store them in little bottles so I can just take them out one by one and deal with them.  Today's thoughts...in list form...
1.  Need to run to Wal-Mart to grocery shop--with 4 kids--ugh!  Unfortunately my list isn't quite complete, but going anyway.
2.  SIL's bday today.  Think I'll stop by Occassions in Siloam before Wal-Mart.  I haven't been there in a while, and they have great gift ideas.
3.  All 3 girls have dentist appts. today.  This will be Melanie's first time, and I'm praying that she doesn't act like Naomi did on her first appt.
4.  Drew and Mel will not get an actual naptime due to dentist appts.  How much fun are they going to be this evening? They might surprise me.
5.  Need to tackle cleaning up our Master suite.  It has become the catch all room since we finished the house.  I desperately need to go through EVERYTHING!!
6.  We desperately need organizaton--bookshelves, diplay cabinets, picture frames, etc.  But the money tree hasn't started sprouting, yet. :)  Maybe someday it will.
7.  I need to get my Pre-Algebra class mapped for the coming school year.  It seems like such a daunting task so I'm procrastinating like my life depends on it. :(
8.  Andy and I are going to watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows:  Part 1 tonight in preparation for our date night tomorrow night!!
9.  Then of course, what's for dinner tonight?
10.  Just got a phone call from the dentist office--now to work out sitter arrangements for that.

The hits just keep on playing.  It's never ending.  Somehow God entrusted women with the ability to handle all of these things.  I'm easily overwhelmed, but I rely on a faithful God to carry me through it all.  I pray that I will accomplish all that He would have me to today, and to do it well.  I'm ever thankful for His mercy, which is new every morning!

No comments: