Sunday, November 15, 2009

Catching up!

Here are some long overdue pics of our pumpkin carving adventure this year. This was the first time that I ever carved a pumpkin--that I can remember. It was a lot of fun, but the pulp is hard to get out completely. Ewwww! :) I carved Melanie's for her. She would eat the seeds as I took them out of the pumpkin! Too funny! I did dry out the seeds and toast them later, but none of us ate them. I guess we're not big fans of pumpkin seeds. Oh well. Next year I'll wait till a couple of days before Halloween to do the carving. The pumpkins started molding too soon, and we ended up throwing them out a few days before Halloween. We'll definitely do it again next year!

I'd even like to see if I can find a pie pumpkin before Thanksgiving is over. I would like to keep the seeds to plant in the spring so that we can have our own pumpkins in the fall. We'll see. :)




Posted by Picasa

No comments: