Thursday, August 14, 2008

Our First Day of School!

Today is our first day of school!!! The girls were so excited!! They have been counting down the days till they could go to "real school." The map we are standing in front of is on the wall of the entrance to the school. The verse is part of the Great Commission. The First Baptist Church established Life Way Christian to help fullfill the Great Commission. As a social studies teacher I would love to have that map in my room! :) Right now I don't have any--something I will have to purchase SOON!

Anyway, Andy took time to bring them to school this morning so he could help take them to their classes. Otherwise, they will just ride with me to school. Naomi was chomping at the bit to get to her classroom. Anne became nervous, but did just fine. I think she was a little overwhelmed by the new faces and all the parents that were there this morning. I'm sure tomorrow won't seem so overwhelming to her. Thankfully, I was not a basket case. After all, I'm still in the same building with them for crying out loud! :)




















These girls were so ready for school. They took no time getting dressed and eating breakfast this morning! You will not see them in "fad" clothing much because Life Way has a pretty strict dress code. I could give details, but they are too numerous. We had to do some serious school clothes shopping before school started. I was even at Gymboree after in-service yesterday purchasing belts for the girls. If they are wearing pants, capris, shorts, and they have belt loops a belt must be worn.














Here is Naomi with her Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Spencer.














Anne at her desk this morning.
It will be a great year full of new experiences for all of us. I'm so excited that they will be receiving a Christ-centered education, something we feel that God has pressed upon our hearts to do. I can't wait to hear about their day on the way home!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Laura Lancaster said...

Hi!! This is Laura L from school. I like your blog alot. See you tomorrow!! <3
*Laura*