Thursday, April 29, 2010

So Hard to Wait!

So it is the morning after my interview at Siloam Springs Middle School. I feel like the interview went really well, except for the fact that I didn't actually teach a lesson. I had one prepared, but it used powerpoint for the direct instruction. There was not a computer in the conference room. Ugh, anyway...I wish I would have adapted and gone ahead and taught the lesson, but alas I did not. So now I have that one thing replaying over and over in my mind. Hoping that didn't ruin my chances of being hired. Otherwise the interview went great! The fire alarm even went off, and it wasn't a drill. We were about 1/2 way through the interview when it happened. Come to find out a rubber belt on the washer in the locker room burnt up and filled the room up with smoke. Of course, the building was evacuated, and we were outside for about 45 minutes. I actually enjoyed continuing the interview informally outside with a few of the committee members. I think there were about 7 people overall involved in the interview--Whew, if that doesn't make you a little nervous.

Today I would normally be at WJHS because it's a work day for me, but Mel and Drew have had fevers and sore throats. I took them to the dr. yesterday afternoon. So now they are on meds, but I stayed home with them to make sure they were over the fever.

Okay, so much to do at home now that the job stuff for Siloam is over. Mel isn't 100% so she's fussy right now. Thankfully Drew is taking his morning nap. Trying so hard to not be anxious while I wait to hear from Siloam Springs. The song by John Waller, "While I'm Waiting," continues to replay in my mind. Going to try to really worship and praise God while I'm waiting. Lord, please take away the anxiety. I give the whole interview and that job possibility to you. No matter where I'm teaching I will do my best to be a light for You. Thank you for taking care of me and my family. I love you! Amen.

No comments: